Skip to main content

Travelling in 2021

First of all, happy new year! I hope you all have a magnificent 2021 in which you can do what makes you happy.

As you all know, last year wasn't an easy year. Travelling was everything but evident. The last time I was on a plane was in February 2020, just after my exams. I went on a citytrip to Dublin a month before the crisis started. That is almost a year ago now and I would give anything to go on an airplane again.

In the air above Ireland

When we heard the news about the lockdown, there still was some hope that we would be able to go on our annual trip in the Easter holiday. Sadly, that didn't work out. Because of my eternal optimism I hoped that the summer would be better, that we would be able to go to on our planned trip to the east coast of America. If you've read my first blogposts, you know that I didn't go to the USA.  Instead I went to France, Spain and Andorra. You should really read the blogposts ;) 

Just going to leave the first part here for you if you're interested: https://phietravels.blogspot.com/2020/08/france-spain-andorra-july-2020-part-1.html

At the end of 2020 (can you even believe how fast this year went??) we all made new years resolutions. Some of us want to eat healthier or lose weight. Others might want to travel further or spend more time with family. Whatever goal you decide on, I wish you the best of luck and hope you become a better version of yourself! But remember, you're perfect, just the way you are.

My resolutions are limited this year, because I really want to achieve them. I want to do more things that make others happy, but it also has to make me happy. I love to spread my positivity and enthusiasm, so if you're ever short of that, you know where to find me. Also, I hope my family and all of you stay healthy and safe while we defeat our invisible enemy.

I haven't really said much about travelling yet, so here goes. In 2021, I'd love to travel solo for the first time. I don't really know why I really want to do this, but it just make me happy thinking about exploring a new place on my own. It just sounds so peaceful and exciting at the same time. Apart from that, I want to visit at least one new country every year. Ideally, two would be awesome but one is a good start. Last year I added Ireland and Andorra to my 'visited' list, what will it be this year?

For my solotrip I did some research and the city that I'd love to visit is Copenhagen in Denmark. It should be a safe city and it's not too far away from home. If you have any tips, tricks, information on solo travelling or Copenhagen, please contact me! Either by mail or by DM on Instagram.

Travelling in 2021 is still a bit difficult and I don't know when I'll be able to go on a new adventure. I really hope I can go somewhere this summer, because I really need a vacation away from home. It's been long enough for me and for most of you too probably. I hope now they've started vaccinating people travelling becomes safe again soon. Let's keep our fingers crossed together.

If your country is still in lockdown and you don't know what to do, read my blogpost '5 things to do during a lockdown'. You'll find some inspiration on how to pass the time!

Follow me on Instagram: @phietravels



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 original Christmas presents for travellers

If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a last-minute Christmas present for a friend or family member who loves travelling. Or maybe you're just looking for some inspiration for a well-deserved gift for yourself. For whatever reason you're here, I hope I can help you or at least inspire you.  Here's a list of 5 perfect gifts for your travelling loved one. 1) Passport cover A traveller needs a passport to travel, but most passports are just ordinary little books in a boring colour. With a passport cover, it's so much more fun to board an airplane. They come in lots of different colours and designs, you could even personalise one with some pictures. www.fashionthings.com 2) Camera backpack This one is for travellers who also love photography and don't leave on a trip without their camera. A good camera backpack is an essential travel item and it makes travelling so much easier. No more carrying around a shoulder bag for your camera, because you can